Sunday, June 03, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great time at my Uncle Ron's house on Lake Hartwell, in Hartwell, GA. Scott couldn't go, because he had to play at church all weekend, so Mom and Dad (aka Nana & Pawpaw) went with us. Glenn did really well in the car on the way there & back, and those were some loooong drives! I think he did better than I did.

Saturday, Glenn and I drove about an hour and a half to Suwanee to meet two gals I've been talking to online for over two years. Georgia is on the left, Dana & her daughter, Rebecca, are on the right. Glenn and I had a really great day with them.


Here's Glenn napping in our bed at Ron's house. He was so tired, he slept while Caroline (3 years old) banged away on Ron's piano.


Caroline.

Glenn's first time in a lake - in water other than the tub or a pool, actually.

Splashy, splashy!

Playing in the "kiddie" pool

From left, Glenn, Caroline, Regan and Mary Alice (on the bench)




Natalie joined in later

Opening and closing the cabinets in Ron's family room was lots of fun!



Enough of that...

Eating some of Aunt Peggy's wonderful Macaroni & Cheese
A shared birthday cake for Natalie, Manny and me (Ron in the back. I'd just given him "the eye" for a smarty-pants comment that I can't remember.)

Dad, Mom and Glenn T. (not the one that our munchkin was named after, tho) enjoying some after-dinner conversation on the deck.


The two Glenns


Glenn and Ben (the other Glenn's son)


Glenn and Ron


Regan and Glenn. Regan is quite the little mother, and Glenn was having a grand time with her!

(the "cute face"!)



(the cute face, part two)

Uncle Andy, reading

Ron, Nana, Pawpaw and a fussing Glenn

Pawpaw, Me, Ron and Glenn (I'm not looking so hot in these pictures, but we were getting ready to leave & drive all the way back home, so I was going for comfort as opposed to presentable...)

The family. From left, back row: Peggy, Glenn, Shona, David & Andy

Front row: Regan, Christy, Me, Glenn, Caroline and Ron



We had a fantastic weekend. There's not much better than spending time with family!

No comments: