Monday, August 27, 2007

Kentucky State Fair

Glenn's first fair, and my first state fair in at least 10 years.

First stop was to see the "Mules & Jacks" - I showed my total lack of farm-animal knowledge when I repeatedly asked nobody in particular "What's the difference between a mule & a jack?" Scott didn't know, either, so he looked it up. Now we know.

Anyhow, the mules were absolutely gorgeous! I had no idea they were so big, and the ones we saw were all really gentle and most were lovin' the lovin' the visitors were showering upon them.

Does he look like he knows something nobody else does? Or is it just me?
Sleeping goats. Aren't they sweet?
Little bitty goats!
The black & white one in the middle/left was headbutting anybody who got near him. I think there was some other action going on near the gate, but I can't swear to it... (Everywhere we go, it seems we see animals procreating. What's up with that?)

These are cakes. Real cakes!! These were two of my favorites. There was also one that looked amazingly like a tree wearing it's fall colors, but I didn't get a picture of that one.

The Muppets

Jungle Cake

(Don't know why this one is so fuzzy...)

No comments: